Tuesday 22 July 2014

Pattern Review - Lesley Flutter Top for Women









I am so excited to be reviewing a pattern as part of the Seamingly Smitten Summer 2014 pattern tour. 

As you may know, most of the sewing I do is for children or items around the home and I have only made one thing for myself recently which was a skirt. 

So I chose to review the  Lesley Flutter Top for Women which would give me a new item for my wardrobe and a different style to what I normally wear.


The pattern instructions where very easy to follow, well laid out and is aimed towards the beginner sewer. 

The pattern caters for a wide range of sizes 0-26 (XS-XXXL) - USA sizes, but does come with a comprehensive sizing chart so you can select which size suits you. 

Petite, Regular and tall hem lengths are included and there is also an option for a contrasting band.

Well written instructions, a heap of photos, a table of fabric requirements, and suggestions for suitable fabrics  - I chose a silky satin,  this pattern is a must have for any pattern collection.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I am quite pleased with how the top  turned out and could actually see a number of these in my wardrobe. 



                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

This top is so versatile and roomy that it could be 
teamed with a long-sleeve top to wear in the cooler months.




I must admit to feeling apprehensive about posting photos of myself but thanks to some wonderful feedback here we are.



Pop over to the Seamingly Smitten Etsy page and get 50% off your purchase see coupon for details



You can also enter to win 5 patterns - 3 winners will receive 
their choice of 5 FREE sewing patterns




7 comments:

  1. Jenny your Lesley Flutter Top came out great!! That fabric is so current and modern, too!! I hope you add more of those tops to your closet and I am thrilled you were part of the pattern tour!!
    Jenny Hall
    Seamingly Smitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version! I agree about the fabric too.
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie - love you version too, great idea to turn it into a dress.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the giveaway! Your top is fantastic looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.

      Delete
  4. I loved everything aboutthe fit and flow of my top but couldn't figure out why the lower seam just sticks out and added bulk to my hips. Should I have made it a 4 inch side seam instead of two? I ended up sewing it towards the back.

    ReplyDelete